Monday, April 28, 2008
P.S. Connor is feeling fine. He's just taking it easy, getting lots of rest and continuing the breathing treatments until we see his pediatrician tomorrow. By the way, he has NEVER had any type of asthma or breathing problems before. That is some scary stuff. The E.R. doctor said that the pollen is so high right now, that they have been seeing lots of first time asthma sufferers lately.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Attn. Moms! Head over here to enter a fun Mother's Day Give-away. You could win a Barnes and Noble gift card. I'm always on the lookout for a good book, so this is a fantastic prize. Check it out.
Also, be sure and check out the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival going on here. You won't believe how many awesome prizes are up for grabs. Have fun and good luck!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Are you a fan of the show Desperate Housewives? Or, are you a 'desperate housewife' yourself sometimes? I say yes to both! And, here's a fun swap to go along with that theme. It's being hosted by Kimberly at Starpansie. Go check it out, it sounds like a lot of fun!
Monday, April 14, 2008
- I'm a homebody. Most of the time, I would prefer to stay at home with my family, rather than going out to socialize.
- I love coffee, black coffee -- absolutely no cream or sugar for me. At home, we drink 'Folgers 1/2 Caff'. We usually have a pot every morning and another every evening after dinner.
- I watch way too much t.v. My current favorite is 'Friday Night Lights'. I have season one on DVD, and I'm now watching season two online at NBC.com. I LOVE this show!
- Throughout my life, I've had recurring dreams about lions (the male lions, with the big furry manes). The dreams are always in a different setting, but, there's always a lion right around the corner from me. I'm trying to quietly get away before he discovers me and comes after me. And, I'm very scared! Wonder what that's all about?
- I love to go barefoot. Even in the winter, I'm always going barefoot in my house. I just do not like to wear socks unless I have to. On the same subject, I can't stand it when my toenails aren't painted.
- As a family of six, we have a lot of laundry. I usually do laundry every day. And, on average, I do at least 12-14 loads per week.
- When I worked as an R.N., I worked night shift. I have always loved staying up late and sleeping in. I'm not a morning person.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...does that mean that one enjoys it? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
There are three religious truths: a. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. b. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith. c. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or Hooters. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*
If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office?What are we supposed to do, write to them?Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If a cow laughed, would she spew milk out of her nose? *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
-These were from an email that I received-
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I recently posted entry #100 on my blog! In honor of that occastion, I wanted to do a giveaway. It has taken me awhile to get around to it, but, finally, here it is...
When I started blogging, I thought it would just be a simple little thing for me to do, kind of like keeping a journal. A place to record my thoughts, remember events that were happening in my life, and even vent and complain. It has been that, but, also so much more. I have found an amazing community of fellow bloggers who have shared their stories, humor, sadness, parenting tales, decorating ideas, book recommendations, recipes, movie reviews, crafting ideas, travel tips, and the list could go on and on. I have "met" people from all over the country, as well as other parts of the world. Blogging has been such a good experience and I thank each and everyone of you who has taken time to read and/or comment on my posts.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (sorry). To enter, simply leave a comment on this post. I will draw a winning name at random on Saturday, April 5. If you would like to mention my giveaway on your blog, I will give you an extra entry into the drawing. One winner will choose one of the following prizes:
- $20 Gift Card from Target
- $20 Gift Card from Starbucks
- $20 Gift Card from Sephora
Thanks and good luck!
1. Princess Diana - I always felt that she was so kind, giving, and beautiful and truly devoted to being a mother.
2. President and Laura Bush - I have great admiration for them both, because of their faith and courage. I also love the fact that Pres. Bush is such a "tell-it-like-it is" kind of guy.
3. Jane Austen - I would like to meet the lady behind the wonderful books.
So, who would you like to meet?...