Wednesday, March 17, 2010

That's My Boy!

Yesterday I was driving my 9-yr. old son to his coach's house for baseball practice. This was our conversation as we entered the coach's neighborhood:

Son: Mom, don't we know somebody else that lives in this neighborhood?

Me: Yes, I think your sister's classmate, Mary, lives here.

Son: Which house?

Me: (As I'm driving, I point out Mary's house) That's her house. I think it's her house, I'm not exactly sure.

Son: Well, you are usually right about everything, so it probably is her house
.


I wonder how much longer he will think that I'm "usually right about everything"....and, if only my 16-yr. old son thought the same way. Life would be a lot easier:o)

2 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Kari, That was a great conversation! You might have a few more years, but once they get into double digits we seem to know very little about everything...I look back on those days with fondness.
♥, Susan

Trish said...

how funny!!!

Wouldn't it be nice he they stayed that way?