Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Using Plates as Wall Decor

I have recently become a little obsessed with using plates to decorate your walls. They look so pretty and there's just a ton of creative ways to arrange them. I'm trying to come up with something for a wall in my kitchen - I'm thinking I want a large framed chalkboard (that I'm hoping to create myself out of an old framed painting) with some decorative plates hanging above or around it. I have been scouring thrift shops and Goodwill looking for a framed piece to use for the chalkboard. So far, I haven't had any luck but I will keep searching. The hunt is part of the fun, right? Anyway, I thought I would share some of the lovely pictures I've come across while browsing the internet for inspiration...

Traditional Home

Domino Magazine

Country Living

Country Living

Elle Decor

Traditional Home

Traditional Home


2 comments:

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Kari,
Sounds like a wonderful idea to decorate your home; can’t wait to see the finished project. I am hoping that you will sharing some photos here on your blog when your new wall decor is completed. I have found large wooden frames at garage sales. For some reason I have not been able to find as many at thrift shops and Goodwill. We are always hunting for frames for my son’s artwork (large oil paintings). Have a wonderful day!
Smiles, Paula

septembermom said...

Kari, now that's a home decorating idea that I can steal. Thanks!

Great job Kari :)