Thursday, April 26, 2012

A New Job And A Trip

I have some news to share...I'm now officially a working girl! After 14 years of being a stay-at-home mom, today I re-entered the work force (there were some butterflies in my stomach, big time!). I am working in a temporary position at a medical office. My sister works there and they were looking for someone to help them as they transfer all their patient records to electronic medical records. It sure felt strange having to get up and get ready to go to work after all these years. Everyone was very nice and the work will not be overly difficult, just really time-consuming. I think I will be ready for the job to end before the work is completed. Rush-hour traffic and early mornings are just not my thing. But, for now it's okay and probably good for me to get out of my comfort zone for a little bit. And, it's pretty great that I get to work right next to my sister.
Another fun bit of news...in a few days I will be taking a cool trip on behalf of 5 Minutes For Mom. I'll be joining some other mom-bloggers and their children in Florida for The Mother of All Fam Trips! Hilton Sandestin has generously invited us to come and experience their wonderful resort while we have fun in the sun. I'm sure it's going to be a great time and I'll be sure to share more about it when I get back. We will be tweeting with the hashtag #HiltonSandestinMoms if you would like to follow along with our adventures. I'm taking my youngest son (11) and it will be his first time flying - he is so excited!





Photobucket

1 comments:

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Kari,
Congratulations on your new Job! Sometime I find that change is just what I need, even if at first it is a bit scary. I know that you will do an amazing Job! :o)
Smiles, Paula