Friday, February 22, 2008

Conversations with a 7 yr. old

Random conversation with my seven year old son...

Z: When you die and go to heaven, are you really still alive and able to move your body?

Me: Well, sort of...your physical body dies and is left here on earth, but, your spiritual body goes to heaven (I'm already thinking maybe my explanation was not a good one and was too deep for him)

Z: But, can you walk around in heaven?

Me: Yeah, I think so.

Z: Good. Then it'll be fun to go there and see everybody

Me: Yep

Z: It must be pretty big up there

Don't you just love how there little minds work!

~K

2 comments:

Ken said...

Reminds of the time my woke up and asked me if God was dead. I have no idea where that question came from, but I told no, God was not dead. Then he asked me where's God. I pointed up and said up in Heaven. My son looked up at the ceiling and just said, oh. Then he got up and ran around the house like he normally does.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I remember when my oldest son looked at me and told me he knew where rain came from. I was thinking he was going to say "Rain happened when God cried" or something like that. But no. He thought rain was "angels peeing". Geez. Talk about ruining the moment.