Wednesday, March 12, 2008

DVD Review - Sort of...

I watched the movie 'Dan in Real Life' on DVD today. Loved it! I laughed out loud, a lot, and, even cried a couple times. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I won't really go into details of the story, but, the majority of the movie takes place as Dan and his daughters travel back to his home where his entire family is gathered for a vacation together. There are Dan's parents, and several siblings along with all their children. It's a real full house. They were always involved in some kind of fun and games together...boys vs. girls crossword puzzle, football, playing piano and singing silly songs together, etc. And, they have an annual tradition of holding a family talent show. Everybody has to participate, getting up in front of all the others to perform some kind of act. It's a whole big production, including costumes and lights and a little "stage". It was great! That's how I'd like to imagine my family someday. We have four kids; assuming each one gets married and has children of their own, we will probably have a house-full, too. I look forward to that. I want the chaos of everyone coming back home and spending time together, playing games and having fun. I'm definately not wishing time away, because it seems like the kids grow up so fast anyway. And, I treasure this time when they are young and at home. But, looking into the future, I can see a lot of good times ahead. If you've seen the movie, let me know what you think about it - if not, then go watch it. It's a good one!

~K

3 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That is a wonderful wish...I hope that all of your kids stay close by when they are grown and you get to experience grandchild happiness... actually, I hope that I get that too. It would be one of the biggest perks for me. Hope you are having a great weekend. Susan

Stacy @ The Next-to-Nothing House said...

I've wondered about this movie. Think I'll go rent it tonight...thanks! I just found your blog and really enjoy it. I'm from KY too, so I guess that makes us bloggin neighbors.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I wish I had read this post about an hour ago... I just returned from picking up some videos and passed this one by... I'll know better next time! Thanks for the review... I always like to hear what others think. :)