Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Movie Trailer Tuesday - Polish Wedding



Here's an older movie that I've seen several times over the years. I really like it - it's funny and sweet and has an eccentric cast of characters. Claire Danes stars as Hala, a young girl from a Polish-American family. When she becomes pregnant by the young neighborhood cop she's secretly been seeing, her outspoken mother and brothers do nothing short of arranging a shotgun marriage. Meanwhile, Hala's mother has been doing some sneaking around of her own, having an affair behind her husband's back. Hala's father pretends to turn a blind eye to the affair and instead sulks and mopes about, constantly arguing with his wife. Also stars Lena Olin and Gabriel Byrne.

Rated PG-13

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I have never seen this movie, but I totally want to now! I am so happy to have found another KENTUCKY GIRL! :) Yay! I am your newest follower as well! ;) Go Cats!