Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Just Can't...

I don't know about you, but for me, there are some things that I just can't figure out. Things that baffle me, that boggle my mind. Things that make me go hmmm?

Image via Morguefile.com

What kind of things, you ask? Well, let me tell you....

1) I just can't...understand or enjoy football. I know, I know. It's one of America's beloved past times, loved by millions. I've tried, I really have, but I just can't grasp all the rules. My husband and I have been together for 27 years and he has wasted countless time trying to explain all the ins and outs of football to me and I still don't get it. Sure, I know that the object of the game is to get the ball all the way down the field and over the line. After that, I understand nothing. Why does the clock sometimes keep going when they appear to be doing nothing? Why does it look like they just move a few feet and then pile on top of each other? What does that accomplish? Why do they have to be so rough and how the heck do more people not get broken necks?  I'm sorry, but I just can't get into football.

2) I just can't...neatly fold a fitted sheet. Yeah, I've seen all those Pinterest pins and YouTube tutorials about "How to fold a fitted sheet in four easy steps" or "How to fold a perfectly neat fitted sheet" blah blah blah. I'm convinced it just can't be done.

3) I just can't...figure you out if you don't like dogs? Seriously? If you tell me "you're not a dog person" I'm immediately suspicious of you. 

4) I just can't...get the timing right when cooking a big breakfast. It's a real talent to know when to start frying the sausage and cooking the eggs and grits and when to put the biscuits in and make the gravy and don't even get me started on how long it takes to fry bacon (which I prepare in the oven so that makes it a little easier) but anyway, trying to time it so they all get done around the same time. That's tricky stuff! 

5) I just can't...comprehend how my 14 year old son can burp SO much and SO loud. I have 3 boys but the youngest...he is the king of belching. He can do it on demand. He can do it loud or in a rhythm or to a beat. He can do it multiple times in a row. It's really gross and I just wish he would stop. 

I've fessed up, now it's your turn. Tell me something that you "just can't...."




1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so with you on the "I'm not a dog person" thing. What freaks!