Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 Things I Would Like To Learn

There are so many things that I would love to learn. Some might be fairly feasible, others, not so much. Anyway, here's a little list of 5 things I would like to learn someday -

1. Sewing - I have always wanted to learn to sew. A couple years ago I even bought a brand new sewing machine (I'm embarrassed to say I've never even taken it out of the box). I started a sewing class once about 13 years ago but ended up dropping out after a few lessons (I was working night shift at the time and in my first trimester of pregnancy with lots of morning sickness). But, someday I hope to try again. My daughter (age 12) recently joined a 4-H sewing club and has been doing a few things on the sewing machine. It would be fun for us to do projects together.

2. Knitting - I know nothing at all about knitting but would love to be able to make some pretty scarves and hats.

3. Embroidery - Are you seeing a pattern here? I love "crafty" stuff even though I don't consider myself a crafty person. I used to do some embroidery with my Mom when I was little. There's so many cute things you can make. To help me learn more, I just picked up this and this.

4. Digital Scrapbooking - I'm a huge fan of the traditional "paper" scrapbooking. I would really love to learn how to make digital scrapbook pages as well. I know absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, about photoshop or any of that kind of stuff. Wouldn't even know where to start or how to go about learning it. But, I hope to give it a try someday.

5. To speak a foreign language - I took Spanish in high school and still remember some words and phrases, but, that's about it. I love to listen to someone speaking another language, it fascinates me. French, German, Russian, Japanese....I would love to learn any of them.

What about you? What are some things you would like to learn?

~Kari

2 comments:

Pina said...

I think that you just have to start doing all these listed things. I bought myself a sewing machine and then started with simple things. Try to make a simple bag. Don't give up, if it doesn't look perfect. Just practice a lot.

What I really wish is to learn to speak Italian, Spanish and French.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

HA! Too funny. I got a sewing machine 3 or 4 years ago...and finally took it out of the box last year. Still haven't used it, but at least it's out of the box.

I'd love to be able to knit pretty winter scarves, too. That would be so cool.

Digital scrapbooking scares the poo-doo out of me. Don't know why. It just seems so hi-tech and complicated. (Good grief...that's the same attitude my dad has about computers and I make so much fun of him for it! lol)

Kari