Monday, April 6, 2009

Meme - IPod Shuffle

Jenni over at Jiggety Jigg issued a fun little challenge today. After posting a random meme (her answers are hilarious, by the way) that she found doing a google search, she invited her readers to do the same. I decided to play along and promptly typed "meme" in the little google search box. You'd think this would be easy, but it wasn't. I actually went through 23 pages of search results before I found anything interesting (interesting to me, anyway). Then, I actually cheated just a lil bit and did a new search for "music-related memes". The random meme that I chose is called IPod Shuffle and I found it here, at this nice lady's blog (whom I know from her other blog, but, totally stumbled upon this at random, how funny is that?). The rules alone for this meme are enough to crack you up - seriously, read on, and just try not to roll on the floor with laughter.

Rules for The iPod Shuffle Meme

Using the shuffle feature on your iPod (or other MP3 player), write down the first 5 or 10 songs that play.

Justify, defend or explain why those songs are on your iPod.

Tag someone else to complete the meme.

Include these rules--and the phrase "The iPod Shuffle Meme was created by Jenners at Life with A Little One and More -- the greatest blog on the Planet Earth and perhaps the Universe" when you post your meme answers. ***Failure to follow these rules exactly will result in loss of Internet privileges for a month, small warts, and a plague of frogs in your immediate area.

If you don't have an iPod or similar device: Randomly pick some CDs from your collection and then have a CD player pick a song via random play.

If you don't CDs but have cassette tapes: Randomly pick some tapes from your collection and then just randomly pick a song from the tape. (But really, you should at least have CDs by this point.)

If you don't have an iPod, CDs or cassette tapes but have vinyl records: If this is the case, I'm really amazed you've found your way onto the Internet at all so, by all means, feel free to pick some random albums and some tracks from those albums.

If you don't have an iPod, CDs, cassette tapes or vinyl records, my guess is you might have 8-track tapes: No one wants to know what you have on your 8-track tapes so you should not participate in this meme. In fact, if your only source of music is 8-track tapes, perhaps you should get off the Internet now and watch some movies on your Betamax. You'll feel better. The world is probably moving too fast for you, and you should take a rest.


Kari's iPod Shuffle Meme:

Song 1 - Heart of Glass by Blondie - This is from my Blondie's Greatest Hits CD. When we were growing up, Blondie seemed so cool and sophisticated. My friend and I loved to sing along to this song.

Song 2 - Private Eyes by Hall & Oates - This is from my Hall & Oates Greatest Hits CD (are we seeing a pattern here?). I can't help it, I'm a child of the 80's and I still love to listen to Hall & Oates (my kids can even sing along to alot of their songs).

Song 3 - Nobody Told Me by Puddle of Mudd - This is for the inner rocker-chick in me, LOL! Seriously, this is an awesome band (but, one that I can't really listen to around the kids because of the language in the songs). The lead singer is H-O-T, too (in that scrappy, long-hair, screamin'voice kinda way).

Song 4 - Californication by The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Probably my very favorite band of all. Ever. The lyrics in their songs are amazing.

Song 5 - Chain Gang by Sam Cook Cooke - Much different than the previous songs, but, I really do like oldies. Sam Cooke has such a beautiful voice.

If you would like to play along, do your own "meme" google search and post your random choice on your blog (kindly link back to Jenni at Jiggety Jigg and/or myself). Or, if you would like to do the iPod shuffle meme, you can do that, too. Comment below to let me know when you post so that I can come and check it out.

1 comments:

Jenners said...

Ok, first, it is totally funny that you actually read my other blog -- the book blog -- but then found this on my personal blog! That is even funnier than I initially thought!

And I can't believe you included all the rules! hee hee!

And what a range of songs you got! Very interesting! It was going along in an 80s theme and then BAM -- the Red Hot Chili Peppers and then BAM -- Sam Cooke! Fun! And I have a friend who is obsessed with Hall and Oates ... has seen them in concert like 20 times. I mean, they are OK but I think that is overkill!

Thanks for doing the meme! And the best part for me was how you found it!