Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random Update 6-14-12

I feel like I haven't blogged much lately. We've had a lot going on around here so I thought I would post one of my random updates for you.

You may recall that I started working (a temporary position at a medical office). It was about a six week gig and now it's over. I may still work some sporadically but never more than one day per week. It was good for me to get out there and do something like that after being out of the workforce for so many years. But, I have to tell you that I'm glad it's over. I really, really missed being home with my kids every day.

On Derby Day, my husband was playing basketball with our kids. Forgetting that he was 43 and not 23, he attempted to do a backward dunk. He brought the entire basketball goal down and in the process tore his tricep tendon on his right arm. He had to have surgery to repair it and he cannot work. He will end up being off work for about 10 weeks. The crazy thing...he did the exact same thing to his other arm two years ago playing softball (same outcome: surgery, off work). The ortho doc said this is a pretty rare injury and the fact that he did it to both arms is pretty remarkable. That's my husband!

We got a pool! It's an above ground pool but we dug down about 30-40 inches to set it into the ground. My husband has been super busy building a nice new wooden fence for our back yard. He also has to build a deck around the pool. He has lots of help since his arm is somewhat out of commission. I will try and get pics posted soon. My kids are beyond excited. Me too. I'm looking forward to laying by the pool and getting lost in a good book.

Last week I went to see my very favorite band of all times in concert!...The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I went with a girlfriend and we had fantastic seats and it was just so much fun. The lead singer is my pretend boyfriend, you see. So, I was in heaven. Great show!

See, so close but yet so far!


What about you? How's your summer going so far? Any special vacation plans or home projects going on?




Photobucket

1 comments:

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Kari,
Oh, I am so sorry for your hubby. I hope that he recovers quickly, so he can get busy on the pool deck. I love my pool, I am sure that you will enjoy it. ;o) Right now, I don’t have many plans for the summer. Just relaxing from a busy craft show season selling soap which runs from October until May, so this is my down time.
Smiles, Paula