Friday, October 26, 2012

The Heart of Christmas - Movie Review

I recently had the chance to review a movie called The Heart of Christmas. This inspiring movie, based on a true story, was released on DVD on October 16, 2012. It's the story of Austin and Julie Locke and how their life is changed when their young son, Dax, is diagnosed with cancer. While enduring long and difficult treatments at St. Jude Children's Hospital, we see how love, faith, and courage help see this family through. And, when Dax's prognosis seems hopeless, we see an entire community come together in support.



My thoughts:
This story is so sad, yet also conveys such a message of love and hope. I found myself crying almost through the entire film. Seeing the deep love and conviction that these young parents felt for their son was awe-inspiring. Watching the community rally around them in their time of need was also very moving. One thing that really impacted me was the relationship between the mothers of children being treated at St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each was going through a similar situation - watching their child fight for their life against cancer. Yet, they were such a source of strength and support for one another. They definitely formed a special bond.

While this story was inspiring and heartfelt, I did feel that the acting was sometimes a little over-done. It didn't feel entirely natural or real sometimes because of that. But, that being said, it's still a good family film with a very powerful message. Learning to cherish every moment with those you love is something we all need to do and seeing this movie is a great reminder.

If you would like to learn more about this inspiring true story, visit the Dax Locke Foundation.

This film is Not Rated
Genre: Family/Kids, Drama, Faith/Spirituality, Holiday, Christmas, Based on True Story

Image Entertainment sent me a free DVD copy of this movie. I was not obligated to write a positive review and I did not receive any compensation. All opinions expressed in this post are my own and my differ from others.


Photobucket

0 comments: