Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 1st - An Introduction and Recent Photo #BEDAoutmumbered

My schedule has been a little crazy and I've been in a major blogging funk all summer. So, when I came across this fun Blog Every Day in August event going on at Outmumbered, I knew it was just the thing to help me get my groove back. There's a great list of 31 prompts for the month and even though I'm technically a little late getting started, I'm still going to join in and participate.

 

The first prompt is to share an introduction and recent photo. Here ya go...


My name is Kari and I live in Kentucky. Our town is a small, suburban area that is just a few minutes south of Louisville, Kentucky (home of THE Kentucky Derby). My husband and I were both born and raised in Louisville so we still consider ourselves "Louisvillians" and that's where most of our families live and we go for just about everything we do or need.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart (we just celebrated 23 years of marriage in July). We have four kids - a daughter who is 18 and three sons who are 13, 16, and 21. My daughter will be starting college next month (2 hours away from home *SOB*) and while I'm super excited for her to start this new chapter of her life, I'm also feeling a little blue and I will miss her like crazy. My oldest son still lives at home and is still trying to figure out where his path is going to go. The younger boys will be going into 8th and 11th grades. Being a parent to teenagers is pretty cool and I would say much harder than when they were all little - just my opinion.

I used to work as a registered nurse but when my third child was born, we made the decision for me to leave the work force and be a full-time mom. Stay-at-home mom?...Best job ever! Also one of the hardest jobs ever! My husband is a professional firefighter and he actually just retired August 1st after 23 years on the job. He is also a talented builder/carpenter so he has always worked on the side doing those types of jobs (remodeling, building houses, etc.) We are blessed to have such a hard-working husband/dad.

I am a quiet and somewhat reserved person and I do not handle change well, at all. I stress and worry about everything. That is something I know I need to work on.

Our family pet is a beagle/blue-heeler mix that we adopted from our local humane society. Her name is Piper and I think she is such a cutie. But, I also think that she's one of the quirkiest dogs I've ever seen and maybe is not all that smart. But, cute and loveable she definitely is! 

That's a little about me. If you would like to join in the Blog Every Day in August event, stop by and visit Emma at Outmumbered. I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

#BEDAoutmumbered







1 comments:

Alison said...

Welcome to the challenge! I look forward to reading your blog x