Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Movie Trailer Tuesday - Brooklyn

Welcome to "Movie Trailer Tuesday" - my weekly blog feature where I share movie/dvd recommendations by posting a quick blurb and movie trailer for you to check out. 

What have you been watching lately? Feel free to share in the comments below...


blog


With hopes of a brighter future, young Eilis Lacey leaves her family behind in Ireland for a new life in New York City. At first, she feels utterly alone and homesick, but soon meets a young fellow and romance begins to bloom. Just as she is beginning to feel at home in Brooklyn, Eilis is called back to Ireland. There, she must choose between two very different lives in two very different places.

Okay...I have to say that this film was so, so good that it just may be one of my very favorites of all time. Definitely the best I've seen this year. 

Brooklyn received Oscar nominations for Best Motion Picture, Best Actress in a Leading Role, and Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay as well as numerous other nominations. These are all well deserved!

The story is happy, sad, funny, sweet, romantic, and incredibly moving. I cried at least 5 times while watching (you know how I love a good tear-jerker). Everything about this movie appealed to me -- the time period, the setting, the characters, the story -- it's really that good and I highly recommend you check it out.

Rated PG - 13 for a scene of sexuality and brief strong language.


0 comments: