Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Movie Trailer Tuesday - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

blog

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is a movie that took me by surprise. I'm a fan of Steve Carell but I just wasn't sure if this was going to be funny or more of a serious film. As it turns out, it was a little of both. I laughed (a lot) and I cried (a lot), too.

There's an asteroid on track to crash into and destroy the planet. We follow along and see how the cast of characters decide to spend their last weeks on Earth. Dodge is an insurance salesman whose wife has just left him. He is sad and a little pathetic, not quite sure how to handle dying alone. Penny is a free-spirited young woman who desperately wants to reunite with her family before the asteroid hits. When the two happen to meet, their lives are forever changed.

Rated R for language, sexual references, some drug use, and brief violence.


 

0 comments: