April Rain Song by Langston Hughes
Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain.
It's that time of year when "April showers bring May flowers" as the saying goes. I happen to love rainy days. I know I'm probably in the minority on this but I truly feel happy and content on grey, rainy days.
For those of you who don't feel quite the same, here are some cute fashion and accessory finds that might just brighten you up on a rainy day (and they're all $40 or less)...
1. Rain Book/Shopping Tote from Etsy seller sealmaiden $14.99 - Made from certified organic cotton; also available in black; simple yet very cute and very practical.
2. Tretorn Wings Lag Vinter Yellow Rainboot at Walmart.com 23.99 - The bright yellow color just screams spring and I love that they are ankle height.
3. Novel Dot Rainboots at Target.com 34.99 - I just can't get enough of yellow rain boots! This pair has fun polka-dots and is available in a few different colors (I'm also swooning over the grey pair).
4.Waterproof Case 4-pack at Amazon 12.99 - Transparent case holds a variety of phone models; handy storage for your phone if you are out and about on a rainy day or participating in water activities (fishing, boating, etc.)
5. totes ISOTONER Classic Clear Dome Polka Dot Bubble Umbrella at Walmart.com 18.95 - Everyone needs a good umbrella (or 2 or 3). This dome shaped umbrella gives lots of protection from the rain at a great price.
6. Merona Rain Anorak Jacket at Target.com 39.99 - The subtle sky blue pattern is so pretty and this looks lightweight and comfy.
7. Thunder & Lightening Bolt Earrings from Etsy seller redtruckdesigns 24.99 - These silver and gold toned earrings are adorable! The mismatched pair, while tiny, makes such a cute and cheery statement.
8. Monogrammed Pullover Rain Jacket at Marleylilly.com 37.99 - Wind and water-resistant with a flannel lining; the pullover style is a nice change of pace from the usual zip or button-up raincoat.