Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Today

Today I went out with my mom for lunch and shopping. We had a wonderful time. I was looking for shoes and jewelry to wear to DH's high school reunion, which is coming up this weekend. I also needed some new undergarments for the occasion, LOL! It was quite funny looking at all the different options available. The very first girdle-type contraption that I picked up stated on the tag "Lose 10 pounds in 10 seconds"....oh, I'm definately buying that! Actually, I ended up getting a "light lift gel padded Wonderbra" and something to wear on the bottom called "instant slimmer firm comfort controlwear". I'm all about holding stuff in and pushing stuff up;o) Seriously though, I spent more on those two pieces of underwear than I spent on my dress. It's been so long since I shopped for something (other than my usual jeans and tees) that I was amazed to find some of these things. It's true that I'm most comfortable in a nice worn-in pair of jeans and a plain old tee shirt. But, looking at all the awesome fall fashions today, I became wistful. I want to be the girl who wears the cool skirt, funky tights and boots. Or, the elegant high heels with a pretty sweater and belt. I just feel like someone playing dress-up in stuff like that. I think my shopping trip today is just the motivation I need to change my style a little. Get back to my workouts and try to lose a few pounds. Then, I can reward myself and go shopping for some of these things that I really want to wear. There's nothing wrong with jeans and tees, I love them; I just think I need a little change. Perk myself up a bit. I've always been a huge fashion magazine junkie. I can sit and just look and look at all the pictures. I save pages of particular outfits that I like. I literally have stacks. So, I'm challenging myself to become a little more of a fashionista. I'll let you know how it goes.
~K

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

I've been there too! I'm perfectly comfortable in jeans and a tee, but KNOW that I can do better! Goodluck on becoming your very own fashionista!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!