Friday, January 18, 2008

Sleepy dreamer

I'm pretty fortunate to be one of those people who falls asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Rarely do I wake during the night, and, if I do, I usually fall right back to sleep. I don't seem to dream all that much, or at least not that I can remember. I hadn't really thought much about the subject, but, my kids do not seem to talk about dreams they've had while sleeping. My youngest, often sleeps with me (he started having seizures this past year, and since they have all occured during the night while he is sleeping, I just feel better having him close to me). Yesterday, when I went to wake Zachary, a funny thing happened. Normally, it takes a little poking and prodding to get him up and going in the morning. He's a sleepy-head just like me. But, not yesterday. He popped right up the first time I called his name. He immediately started telling me this very detailed dream that he had -- he, his brother, and a friend were in the field behind our house, it was dark, they saw a castle, the friend's dog came with them, there was a witch who grabbed them and put them in a "boiling stew pot" (his words exactly, how funny is that). So, I'm thinking this sounds like a nightmare, was he scared? I ask him and he says, "no, I don't know what happened next. I couldn't see the rest of the dream". I thought that was a pretty funny thing for him to say. Flash forward to this morning. Again, he wakes right up and the first thing he says: "I was in dreamworld again". He just cracks me up!

~K

5 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I love little minds and how they work. My oldest, age 5, dreams about trains all the time. He is a big Thomas the Train fanatic. He talks about rivers, ravines, bridges, viaducts, bumpers, engines, the list goes on and on.

Sweet dreams!

Kathryn & John said...

I've had extremely vivid dreams my whole life. I think it's a great gift. I hope you encourage your son to share his dreams with you.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That was amazing...I wonder if it had anything to do with the full moon? You have an imaginative little dreamer. Susan

Lisa said...

That is a funny story! My kids seem to remember a lot of their dreams too, while I never do. I can't remember the last time I actually dreamt, or remembered it. Too tired, I guess!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Everything going all right? Just wanted to check in and say hello! (I know one of these days you're going to start cursing uncontrollably at the sight of my name because I hound you to post sometimes. Which will be a big problem for you, since my name is obviously the same as yours! lol)

Kari