Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Movie Trailer Tuesday - Warrior



Brendan and Tommy are two brothers whose lives have taken very different paths. Brendan is a high school physics teacher with a wife and two children. Tommy, a former marine, is angry and damaged by events from the past. Not only have they cut ties with one another, they are also estranged from their alcoholic father. But, they're all about to be brought back together when the brothers enter the world of mixed martial arts fighting.

Okay...I have to say that I am not a fan of mixed martial arts fighting (or fighting sports of any kind). It seems so violent to me and I just don't care for it at all. However, it's what this story is centered around and so it's a huge part of the movie. I confess that I looked away or covered my eyes for many of the actual fight scenes (they were intense and left me on the edge of my seat!). But, the story of these brothers and their reasons for entering this brutal world of fighting completely drew me in. These guys are all fighting so hard - Brendan, to save his family from financial ruin; Tommy, to honor a promise made to a dying comrade and maybe find some forgiveness along the way; and their father, trying to make amends with his two sons. It's such an emotional movie (you should know me well enough by now to know that it made me cry!) and I highly recommend it.

Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material.






Photobucket

0 comments: