Monday, November 19, 2012

The Pinterest Recipe That Rocked My World

If you're like me, you probably have a gazillion awesome dessert recipes pinned on your Pinterest boards. And, if you're also like me, you probably haven't tried one tenth of those recipes. But, they look yummy and pretty so you keep pinning, hoping that someday you will get around to trying them.

Last week, I had a sudden hankering for something rich, hot, and chocolate-y. (Ladies, you know what I'm talking about...certain times of the month you just gotta have some chocolate ASAP!) But, my cupboard was bare of prepared snack cakes, treats, and such so I set out to find something quick and easy to make on my own. I went to Pinterest and searched "chocolate mug cakes" (a mug and a microwave - what better way to get instant gratification). I came across this gem of a recipe and decided to give it a try.

Easy Microwave Chocolate Cake
It literally took me about 5 minutes to assemble and put together the short list of ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, salt)


Then, another 2 minutes in the microwave and TAH-DAH!

 
 
I had a delicious, rich, hot, chocolate cake-in-a-mug. In about 7 minutes.
 
It pretty much rocked my world!
 
You can find the full recipe over at The Bitten Word. Check it out and let me know if you make it for yourself.

 
Photobucket

5 comments:

emaalyon said...

I could use a chocolate fix RIGHT NOW! Gotta make this!

Unknown said...

I've seen this cake in the mug recipe on Pinterest also but have never tried it! OK, that looks good! I am going to have to make it for myself now too lol

Liz Mays said...

Now you've given me an excuse for chocolate. Every day. Every single day!

KathleenKL said...

WOW---I'm in trouble now--this looks so great and its way too easy to make!!! ut-oh!! thanks for sharing :)

Flowerg said...

I made this and it turned out very nice. Thanks for sharing!