Monday, April 21, 2008

Nervous Mama - Part 2

Well, I am happy to report that I survived my son's first official night working as an umpire. I dropped him off at the field (he had to be there early to pick up his uniform). He told me that he was fine and didn't need for me to stay (i.e. he didn't want me to stay). I sat in my car, watching him until he reached the office area. He turned around and saw that I was still sitting there, got out his cell phone, called me and said "Mom will you please go, I'm fine". So, I left. He ended up working two games and making a little over $30 (not bad), plus he got all the free concession stand food he wanted (really not bad). When he came home, he said everything went pretty smoothly. There was one questionable call that he made, which one team was not happy about. But, no one got after him too bad, LOL. I'm sure he was a little nervous and glad to get his first games behind him.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like the perfect job! Calling the shots, plus free food, AND he gets paid...it doesn't sound like work, it sounds like fun!

Daniela said...

Free food and money to boot. Where do I sign up?

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Great first job!

Rue said...

Good Morning Kari :)

I'm so glad to hear it went well and you can't beat free consession food ;)

rue

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Awesome! That kid's got CONFIDENCE! I love that!