Friday, December 4, 2009

Aloha Friday - National Cookie Day





It's Friday - time to take it easy and get ready for the weekend. I'll post something quick and simple for you to respond to...

Did you know that today is National Cookie Day?

Here's a little information about the history of cookies. According to http://www.ezinearticles.com/, "the English word "cookie" is derived from the Dutch word "koekje," which means little cake. Bakers used to place a small amount of cake batter in the oven to test the temperature. They soon discovered that these little bits of cooked batter were quite tasty on their own, and the cookie was born!"

We've come a long way since then. Today, cookies are a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. With every kind of flavor, variety, shape and color to imagine - the choices are endless. So, take a moment today and enjoy a cookie to celebrate!

What is your favorite cookie? - My favorites are oatmeal cookies.



For more Aloha Friday visit An Island Life

15 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

No, I had no clue. Perhaps we will bake some of the cookie dough we got at the school fundraiser tonight. Of course, now I want to change my 2 year old into his Cookie Monster shirt.

Michelle said...

NO BAKES!!!! All time favorite!

Visting from my SITS day.

Anissa said...

By far my fav is fresh from the oven Oatmeal Chocolate Chip!

Bridgette said...

National Cookie day? Awesome!!!! My favorite is chocolate chip. Yes, I am boring. :)

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Roll Tide!!!

annies home said...

love peanut butter cookies

Jennifer said...

Oatmeal raisin!

Liz Mays said...

Mine is double chocolate chunk!

septembermom said...

This could be my favorite day :) LOL.

Love chocolate chip cookies. The bigger, the better!

Danielle said...

MMMM. I love Chocolate Chip cookies.

Twincerely,Olga said...

Chocolate chip macadamia nut!!! Yummy!!

Rob said...

Chocolate chip or peanut butter.

Happy Friday!

Colette S said...

I'm a double chocolate chip with nuts :)

Becca said...

I didn't know there was a national cookie day...I love Monster Cookies (peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal, m&m cookies)

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Peanut butter. I haven't had one in a long time. My little guy has the allergy so it's better to be safe than sorry.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Chewey Choc.Chip cookies!! The ones made with the recipe from Neiman Marcus that went around years ago - maybe it still is circulating?? They are fabulous!!!