Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Meme

I came across this fun little Christmas meme over at Theta Mom and I thought I would play along...


1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Yes, I usually try to start in late October

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions. We celebrate Christmas with my side of the family on Christmas Eve. Every year, right before opening gifts, we all gather around as someone reads the story of Jesus' birth from the bible.

3. When do you put up your Tree? Usually a day or so after Thanksgiving

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper? Yes, although I usually just hit one or two stores. I like to get home while it's still early enough to go back to bed.

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? I have had the same best friend since I was five years old. When we were little, we would always end up telling each other what gifts we bought for one another - then act surprised when we opened them.

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? Joyeux Noel

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat? I do a little baking, but I tend to stick to the quick and easy recipes. My favorite is peanut butter fudge.

9. Fake or Real Tree? Fake tree for us. I love real trees, they are beautiful. But, they really irritate our allergies and I don't think I could deal with the mess of the needles falling everywhere.

10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? I don't think I ever panic. But, this year may be different - we are hosting my family on Christmas Eve at our house (normally it's at my parents' but they downsized to a much smaller home a few months ago). I will be having about 25 here for Christmas Eve, yikes!

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? No

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? Just spending time together, watching Christmas movies, driving around looking at Christmas lights

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best? Hmmm...I guess we don't really do any Christmas crafts.

14. Christmas music? (Yes or No) If yes, what is your favorite song? Yes, for sure! One of my very favorite Christmas songs is by Harry Connick Jr - I Pray On Christmas

15. When do you plan to finish all of your shopping? Hopefully by mid December

The meme rules say to tag 5 bloggers, but, I will follow Theta Mom's lead and invite anyone to participate. If you do, be sure and comment here so I can come over and check out your answers. Ho Ho Ho!

1 comments:

Joanne said...

Love this one - this is the second meme I have seen this week so nice to switch things up. Definitely playing along.

http://joanne55.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-meme-i-came-across-this-fun.html