Thursday, January 5, 2012

Interior Doors Painted Black

In case you didn't already know, I'm ate up with Pinterest. It's full of awesome, inspiring, beautiful, clever, helpful, humorous stuff.  Before Christmas, I shared with you my kitchen chalkboard project - which was inspired by Pinterest. Today, I'm going to share another home project that we are doing (also inspired by Pinterest).

We decided to paint our interior doors black.

It's something so simple yet makes such a dramatic change to our home. (When I say "simple" -- I mean simple for me. I didn't do any of the painting. DH is the resident painter and he did a fabulous job). I don't know that we will paint every single interior door black, that's still up in the air. I did a little informal questioning on Twitter about that and it seems the consensus was that all your interior doors do not have to be the same color. What do you think?

Here's a look at our kitchen pantry door "before"



And here's the same space after painting the door black



And, this is another shot of the doors off our kitchen leading to the basement and garage (I forgot to take before pics of this area, sorry). This is also one of the spaces I was referencing in my post about kitchen rugs.



We used a semi-gloss black paint and I'm loving it. One thing that is kinda funny...sometimes when we just happen to walk through the kitchen, we think the door to the garage is open because of the dark paint.

What color are your interior doors? What do you think of this look?

P.S. I would love to have you follow me on Pinterest.  Not yet on Pinterest? Just let me know and I would be happy to send you an invite. You will love all the wonderful awesomeness that you can discover there.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful what color are your walls?!

Unknown said...

This is awesome. I have nearly the exactly the same set up, same color walls. I was thinking of painting my doors black and was looking for "a preview" before taking the plunge. I have 2 frosted full light doors on the bedrooms so it won't be too dark without the light on.