I guess I have a fair enough vocabulary but I'm definitely no wordsmith. I could probably stand some improvement in the area. It's always impressive to hear someone speak with a strong command of language and who uses a variety of unique words.
So, just for fun, I've composed a list of 17 cool and interesting words that I think I should work into my vocabulary. I'm not sure why, but, I just like the sound of these words; they're fun to say! Surely, I'll sound quite impressive if I use them, LOL!;)...
1) happenstance - a chance happening or event
2) lackadaisical - lazy; without interest
3) winsome - charming
4) quixotic - extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; impulsive
5) nefarious - bad, sinful
6) Godspeed - success or fortune
7) hooligan - a hoodlum or criminal
8) ballyhoo - buildup or promotion/plug
9) botheration - annoyance; disturbance (I love this one, it sounds like a fake hillbilly word. And, I can say this as I descend from a long line of hillbilly-type folks)
10) rigmarole - nonsense
11) huggermugger - secrecy
12) obfuscate - to confuse or make unclear
13) yawp - to utter a loud, harsh cry
14) curmudgeon - a bad-tempered grouch
15) eschew - to keep away from or avoid
16) gossamer - fine, see-through
17) alacrity - cheerful liveliness
What about you? Any words you would like to add to the list?...any words that you think are just fun to say or make you feel like a super-smarty-pants when you use them?