Thursday, July 11, 2013

Peet's Give a Cup - The Internet's First Social Sampling Experiment #GiveACup

Do you Give a Cup?


Image and value provided by our partner, Peet's


Here's what I personally 'Give a Cup' about -- teenage driving safety.

As a parent of four kids who are 12, 15, 17, and 20, teen driving safety is an issue near and dear to me. My oldest has been driving for a few years and another is a brand new driver. It won't be long before the other two are driving as well. It's such a nerve-wracking experience when your children start driving, going out into the world on their own. I not only worry about their driving skills and practices but those of other people on the road, too.

The best thing I can do is to teach them to the best of my ability and allow them plenty of supervised driving practice. I also strictly enforce certain rules that are non-negotiable - 1)wearing seat belts at all times 2)no texting or cell phone use while driving 3)no loud music while driving 4)letting me know where they are going or where they will be. 5)no speeding. It's also important that they know to be constantly vigilant to what is going on around them at all times.

So, that's what I give a cup about!


Peet's Coffee launches #GiveACup

Peet's coffee is introducing Peet's Single Cups. They worked for 5 years to perfect each blend, using more coffee than most, designing a specific dose for each blend, and using a different kind of filter that allows more flavor to pass into the cup.

Image and value provided by our partner, Peet's

To celebrate this journey, Peet's is launching Give a Cup, the Internet's very first social sampling experiment.

Image and value provided by our partner, Peet's

Here’s how it works. Each week, you can go to doyougiveacup.com and vote on a topic. The topics are fun, current and sometimes a bit quirky. Your votes determine where Peet's will host sampling events each week.

Sounds fun, right? I think so. I encourage you to go check it out and vote. You never know, Peet's might just show up in your neck of the woods for a sampling event.


I received compensation in the form of a gift card for sharing my story and helping spread the word about Peet's Give a Cup campaign. The story and opinions in this post are my own. 

0 comments: