Friday, October 28, 2011

Silk Nog - Good Stuff!

It's about this time each year that I start to notice the grocery stores stocking egg nog. This brings back so many memories of my dad. He loved him some egg nog! In the months leading up to the holidays, he always kept egg nog in his refrigerator. And, he always wanted my kids to sit with him and have a cup. When my daughter was little, she used to call it "negg nog" and I can still picture her sitting on her grandpa's lap drinking it with him.

I'm not a huge fan of egg nog myself. Actually, my kids aren't either. I think it was just the idea of egg nog and the fact that my dad loved it so much that made us want to be egg nog drinkers. After my dad passed away, we pretty much forgot about egg nog. Until, one day I happened to be at the grocery and I spotted the soy version from Silk - called Silk Nog.


I decided to give it a try. And, I fell in love with it! The Silk Nog is not as heavy and sweet as regular egg nog. (I'm not a fan of sweet drinks of any kind, but this stuff is delicious!)

I was surprised to learn that Silk Nog is lactose free, dairy free, cholesterol free, egg free, casein free, and MSG free. There's only 90 calories and 2g of fat per 1/2 cup. Pretty good stuff! It will now be a staple in my refrigerator every year around the holidays. And, every time I have a cup, I'll say a silent toast as I fondly think of my dad.

Have you tried Silk Nog? Are you a fan of traditional egg nog?

Disclaimer:
This is not a sponsered post. I just happen to love Silk Nog, purchase it for myself, and thought I would share.




Photobucket

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I like Egg Nog...but it has to be vanilla flavored (the way my mom use to make it). This sounds good...I'd give it a try if I see it.

Mari said...

I hope silk comes out with an almond milk egg nog. I prefer their almond milk to soy.

Unknown said...

We LOVE Silk nog ... it is so good. We just recently tried their pumpkin spiced drink and wow ... it's good too! I just wish the stores in our area would carry it a bit longer. They have it right now but come the holidays, it'll be gone.

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Kari,
Ah, memories of beloved family members are just the best. I have never tried the Silk Nog. I will give it a try to save a few calories during the Holidays.
Smiles, Paula