Wednesday, January 15, 2014

11 Things Meme

It's been forever since I've participated in any kind of meme and this one, by The Paper Mama, sounded like a lot of fun. So, here goes...

1. Are you a cat or dog person? Or, bird person? 
Totally a dog person, especially big dogs. We have one dog (a blue-heeler/beagle mix named Piper) but my heart literally breaks anytime I see, hear, or think about all the shelter dogs out there waiting for forever homes. *Sigh* I could probably become one of those crazy old ladies who has 100 dogs in her house.


2. What was your favorite food as a kid? Is it the same, or has it changed as an adult?
Was, is, and always will be a good ol' cheeseburger - complete with mustard and pickles.


3. What is your favorite hobby? 
Reading - you don't even want to know how many piles of books I have lying around and how many "to-read" lists I have going on. It's out of control. But, reading is such a wonderful escape and has always been something I loved. My favorite genres are young-adult, young-adult/dystopian, historical fiction, and biographies/memoirs. So many books, so little time!


4. If you HAD to move to a different state (or country) where would it be? 
I am a creature of habit and do not handle change well. It would be extremely hard for me to ever move away from my family and the place I grew up. But, if I were pretending to be adventerous, I would love to live in an urban city, like Chicago or New York City.


5. Are you a winter or summer person?
I like both but probably prefer winter more. I'm one of those people that actually likes cold temps and snow. I only like summer if I'm in my swimming pool or my air-conditioned house, LOL! Living in Kentucky, we are lucky to get to experience all seasons.


6. What makes you happy? 
I have 3 teenagers and 1 young-adult kid. They are often on the go and/or out doing their own things. I am super-duper happy when all of us are hanging out together, safely and soundly, at home. As my kids get older, spending time with them is so important. Before I know it, they will be all grown up and leaving the nest. *BooHoo*


 7. What is the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked?
I'm sure I've been asked a doozy or two in my lifetime, but I cannot think of a single weird thing right now.



 8. If you had to go on an adventure, with elves, dwarves, or hobbits, who would you take and why? 
I would have to go with the elves and hope that they were Santa's elves and could take me on an adventure to The North Pole! I would take my kids along with me.


 9. You are at a rural retreat lodge somewhere deep in Wisconsin or Canada. You are approached by a taxidermist who hands you a stuffed badger and asks you to put it in your lap. What do you do next? 
I would probably awkwardly take the stuffed badger and put it in my lap. And, get my picture made or something. My teenage daughter would think that was so cool (she has a weird fascination with taxidermy).


10. What was your first job?
Technically, I suppose babysitting was my first job. I babysat all through high school. But, my first "real" job was after high school graduation. I worked in the medical records office of a local hospital. I was in college at the time, so I mostly worked weekends and was usually left to man the office alone. One of my first weekends on the job, I got chewed out by a pompous doctor because I didn't make his coffee strong enough. Seriously. He yelled at me and made me feel awful. I may or may not have also been inappropriately groped by a few doctors as well. It was definitely a learning experience and my first look at the real world.


11. What is your favorite utensil?
Well, this is a real tough one and something I can't say I've ever thought about. I will go with a spatula. I guess you just can't go wrong with a spatula, right?


If you would like to play along with the 11 Things Meme, visit The Paper Mama and also leave me a comment so I can come and check out your answers.

0 comments: