Thursday, August 23, 2007

Let your face light up!

I was laying on the couch last night watching a rerun of the Oprah show. I was only halfway paying attention, as I was also reading a book. But, I heard something that really made me think. This lady (sorry I don't even know who the guest was) asked a question....she said something along the lines of "when your kids come in the room, does your face light up?" Very interesting question. I hug and kiss my kids all the time, tell them "I love you" and all that good stuff. But, do they actually see in my face what I'm telling them? Too often, I find myself hurrying around, thinking about all the things that need to be done around the house or stressing over the bills that need to be paid, homework that needs to be done, etc. So, do I really take the time to stop and smile, look my children in the eye, and let them see "my face light up"? I truly want my kids to see that...that they make me happy just by being there. That one little question had such an impact on me...I'm going to make a constant effort to work on this and make sure that my children see my face light up every time they come into the room!
~K

1 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

What an awesome question! I'm like you, hugs & kisses, but do they SEE it in my face? Good thing to pay attention to!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today and for your entry in the contest! It's nice to meet you!