Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What was this guy thinking?

This fellow was caught trying to smuggle exotic birds from Vietnam into the United States. Using elaborate leggings and cloth wrappings, he had more than a dozen birds hidden beneath his pants legs. The man was arrested when an airport inspector noticed the bird droppings on his socks and feathers peeking out of his pants. The birds were placed in quarantine and may be donated to a zoo. These Asian songbirds can apparently sell for up to $400 in the US. Yep....bird poop on the socks, it will give you away every time!


~photo and news story from nationalgeographic.com~

4 comments:

Daniela said...

oh my stars where do you get this stuff? that is hilarious. There are some real dummies out there.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Hehehehe...the bird poop. I will keep that in mind next time I try to smuggle birds! That is pretty amazing - and something I have not seen before - thanks for sharing!

Jenners said...

Just when you think you've heard everything, you come across a story like this!!! I can't even imagine having birds strapped to my legs like this ... I imagine it must have felt very strange ... and smelly too!

Heather said...

OMG I have been hearing about this on the radio but haven't taken the time to search for the pic. This guy is crazy to attach these birds to his socks and think he wouldn't get caught. Thanks for posting.