Saturday, February 15, 2014

Random Things My Teens Have Said

If you've been around here for awhile, you know that I'm a mom to four kids, ages 13-20. Living in a houseful of teenagers means:

  •  there's rarely a dull moment
  • it's often loud
  • there can be arguments at any given time over any given topic
  • you never know what you will hear come out of their mouths


photo credit: Marc Wathieu via photopin cc



To illustrate my point, here are some actual things my teens have said recently:


"Oh, look...you're actually reading."


 "Dude, you're breath smells like crap."


"Give me a napkin...I have crab meat in my eye!"


"I will throw your socks out the window!"


"Mom, we're just laughing. Do you hate the sound of children's laughter?"  (this was said to me after I yelled at them to quieten down in the car)


"Mom, that's so lame. If you buy that, I will have to disown you because that's so lame."


"Mom, you need to start dressing cuter."


"Of all my friends' moms, you're the least fat. Except Debbe. She's freakin' skinny." (This was said to me. I think it was supposed to be a compliment)


"Punch him in the leg!"


"You might not know this, but I'm 17, meaning I'm about to be 18."


"Everybody uses their pants as a napkin."


"It smells like steak farts."


"I just farted."


"Connor just farted."  (When you have multiple boys in the house, you'll find that the subject of farts comes up A LOT. It's gross but by now I've accepted that it just comes with being a parent of boys.)


"I'm such a freakin' good person!"


"That makes perfect sense if you don't think about it."


The circus seemed so much cooler when I was little. Now it just seems like a bunch of creepy old clowns and animal abusers."

*****************************************************************

There you have it! Some words that came right out of the mouths of my teens. Like I said, never a dull moment!

Have your kids said anything really funny or kooky lately?










0 comments: