Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Friday

*Looking Fine by 2009 update*
I know I should've posted sooner about my progress, or should I say "lack of progress". I'm afraid I haven't been off to a very good start. About the only positive thing I can say is that I have really been trying to eat less. Overall, my food choices are still not as good as they could be, but, I have been eating less. I have not walked/exercised once this week (my goal is to hit the treadmill at least three times a week). UGH! I'm pretty disappointed. Next week will be better, or so I keep telling myself.

On a different note, I've been....

Watching -- It's been a good tv week. (In case you didnt' know, I'm a tv junkie). The season premiers of both Prison Break and Gossip Girl came on this week, Big Brother is getting down to the final few contestants, and then, of course, there was the RNC....GO SARAH! And, I'm not ashamed to admit I watched the premier of the new show 90210, I just couldn't pass up a show about the young, beautiful, and privileged kids from that famous zip code, LOL! What about you? What have you been watching?

Reading -- currently a chick-lit type of book called Scot on the Rocks. Next up on my TBR pile is this book by Valerie Bertinelli.

Listening to -- For my birthday, my husband and kiddos gave me a new ipod. Here's the top three songs from my most played list:

I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Something About You - Level 42
Grease - Frankie Valli

Doing - Today I'm going to help out in my youngest son's class for a little bit. I've also volunteered to babysit my neighbor's 4 month old baby girl for a few days (while they are waiting for a spot to open up in their daycare). When I watched her on Wednesday, I pretty much held her the entire time. She's is a total cutie-patootie, but, man I forgot how much work it is with a little one. My husband is in Baltimore for a few days for a softball tournament (he plays on a Firefighter softball team). He will also be doing some work while he's there (his brother's company installs shopping cart handles with advertising space on them). Many of the Baltimore area Walgreens stores have these handles, and my husband has to go check them all while he's there.

Glad it's Friday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Kari

5 comments:

Rue said...

Hi Kari :)

I must be channeling you in my exercise diet saga, because I got on the treadmill 3 days last week, was doing great on my diet and BAM! we went out of town and I haven't done a thing this week. I am soooo easily distracted LOL

Sarah is fantastic! LOVE her :)

Oh and 90210?? again? LOL

rue

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

My husband is a Prison Break fanatic. So are my boys. I'm more Burn Notice, The Closer (although they better start using better story lines pretty darn quick or I'm done with them), Psych, House, blah, blah, blah...

I watched the RNC, too. Sarah was wonderful. I'm so totally pumped about her being on the ticket. And I loved what John McCain had to say. I'm such a sap - I was crying like a fool when he talked about his captivity in Vietnam. I can't help it. That sort of stuff just gets me. But what got me even more was his message. Democrats AND Republicans are so corrupt anymore, it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone say they were going to fight to end that crap and to say it so well that I actually believed him. Great message, great man. Boy - I could go on and on about politics. I'd better stop now. I plan on doing a political post soon about John McCain, though. I wonder how many people will take offense???? (I said that almost like I care, huh? lol)

Kari

periwinkle said...

Hi, I love Gossip Girl and am waiting patiently for 90210 to hit the UK shores. As for Twilight I didnt realise it was going on to TV - I'll be holding my breath.
Lisa x

Daniela said...

I am a HOUSE freak. As luck would have it today there is a House marathon on..yippee. I also watch Greys Anatomy. Also, I haven't missed one episode of Greatest American Dog..I LOVE that show.

k e r r y said...

I think I need to mix in some chick lit with what I am currently reading... Autobiography of King Henry VIII is llllooonnnnnggg! But good... but looooonnnnnggg!!