Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random kid stuff

You've heard the saying, "out of the mouths of babes"....well, here are some random things that have come out of the mouths of my babes lately:
__________________________________

Zachary (age 8): "Connor, let's see how long we can balance our backpacks on our heads"

Connor (age 10): "No way, I don't want to mess my hair up"

__________________________________


Zachary - "Mom, are you a diva?" (and he pronounced it "DIVE-a")

__________________________________


Zachary - "Mom, are you too old to bend your back over?"

__________________________________


Shelby (12) - "Kite flying is over-rated"

__________________________________


Zachary - "Emma smells better than Connor" (Emma is our dog. Connor is our son)

__________________________________


Last month, we had a family reunion for my mom's side of the family. Many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins would be attending, most of which, my children do not know all that well. Zachary asked "where are we going?" several times. Each time I replied, "to a family reunion at my Uncle Jimmy's". Finally, he said "who is Uncle Jimmy? Do you mean Jimmy Buffet?"


HA! Apparently Zachary thinks his mama is an old diva who is related to Jimmy Buffett.

0 comments: