Thursday, January 20, 2011

Get Organized For Tax-Time With Smead Products

January is just rolling by and we are well into the new year. And, with this time of year comes a task that most of us have to tackle - getting organized for tax-time. I don't know about you, but, I always seem to start scrambling come late January. Where did I put those receipts? How much did I donate to charity? Did I remember to keep track of all my deductions? Every year I tell myself I'm going to be more organized, but usually I just end up stuffing all those miscellaneous papers in a drawer or envelope. Then, right before our appointment with our accountant, I'm feeling a little frazzled as I try to get it all together.

Smead generously provided me with two products to help me get organized for tax season. In case you are not familiar with Smead, they are a leading provider of quality document management supplies and tools. This woman-owned company has been around for over a century and is committed to helping you stay organized.




The Income Tax Organizer is a 6 pocket folder that provides compact and secure storage for your tax-related documents. There's a printed checklist and notes area on the inside cover that will be very helpful as I'm getting all my paperwork together. There are also pre-printed and blank labels so that you can customize your document filing as you wish. I especially like this feature because I want to be able to file things my own way.





The Jan-Dec File Organizer is an expanding 12-pocket file with protective flap and elastic cord closure. It's perfect for sorting large amounts of paperwork while providing portability. It can hold 900+ sheets and is quite sturdy with double-thick front and back panels and heavy reinforcement liner board. This will provide a quick and easy way for me to stay organized all year long.



You can find these items at WalMart, Office Depot, Amazon, and at many of your local office products dealers. And, check out this great article on the Smead website which offers more tips and advice on helping to make tax-time easier.


Disclaimer:
Smead and Buttoned Up, Inc. provided me with the free products mentioned above. In exchange for trying out the products and sharing my review on my blog, I also received a gift card. All opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments: