Monday, January 3, 2011

Random Stuff

Hello and Happy New Year! My New Year wishes are a little belated because I've been sick since New Year's Eve.  90% of my time since midnight on New Year's has been spent in my pajamas, lying in bed or on the couch. I've had general all-over achiness, sore throat, headache, earache, the worst cough ever! and now I think I have pink eye. EWWW! I don't think I've ever had pink eye, but my eye is red, burning and seeping some nasty gunk out of it (sorry, is that TMI?) My doctor's office is booked but I'm hoping they can fit me in tomorrow.

While I'm whining and complaining, I just have to mention this...I called my cell-phone service today to upgrade my son's phone. What an ordeal! Have you seen that funny credit card commercial where "Peggy" the customer service rep is really some old guy on the other side of the world? I'm talking about this one:





Well, that's exactly what it felt like when I called my cell-phone carrier today. There was definitely a language-communication barrier. Not only could I barely understand a word he was saying, but we had a bad connection full of static. A simple call to upgrade my son's cell phone ended up taking almost an hour. On top of it all, I kept having huge coughing fits and I'm sure the guy was just as irritated with me as I was with him. As he went through his entire spill about our cell phone plan and service agreement, I did my best to comprehend what he was saying. But, I may have agreed to sign over a kidney or something; it was that difficult to understand the fellow.

On a positive note, we had a very nice "white" Christmas and I will try to post some of our photos soon. My mom gave me a Keurig Coffee Brewer and I'm head-over-heels in love with that. From my hubby and kiddos I was given a tv/dvd/cd player - the kind that mounts under your kitchen cabinet. It's great! And, my sister-in-law gave me a new blender which also thrilled me (we've had the same blender that we received as a wedding gift 19 years ago, it's about time for an update).

That's all for now. I'm going to have to go back to bed. Last night my coughing kept me up all night. I watched back-to-back-to-back episodes of True Blood (can't wait for the new season!). Then I slept all day. The kids went back to school today and my husband is out of town on business, so I had a nice, quiet house. Tonight I'm going to have to hit the cough medicine with codeine - I hate to take it because it does make me quite loopy, but I really need to get some sleep so that I don't sleep the day away tomorrow. Talk to you soon!

1 comments:

septembermom said...

Hey Kari, sorry to hear that you've been sick. Hope you're feeling much better now.

I would love that tv/dvd/cd player for the kitchen. What a great gift. I always laugh at that commercial with the language barrier, but I feel your pain of having to deal with all that miscommunication.