Saturday, January 22, 2011

My 7 Favorite Sounds

There are some sounds that I love to hear. Sounds that are comforting, soothing, relaxing; sounds that make me smile; sounds that make me happy. Here are 7 of my favorite sounds:

1) Babies/children laughing - Who doesn't love this sound? It has to be one of the sweetest things ever! I will always smile whenever I hear a baby laughing. Even though my own children are no longer babies, I still love to hear them laugh.

2) Rain and thunder - While I'm sorta a scaredy-cat when it comes to severe storms, I do love the sound of rain and thunder. Grey skies and thundershowers are one of my favorite kind of days.

3) Violin music -  My dad was a bluegrass fiddler. While I'm not necessarily a fan of bluegrass music, I do love classical violin music. Hearing a violin always makes me think of my dad.

4) Piano music - As a child, I took piano lessons for about three years. It's one of my biggest life regrets that I didn't stick with it. Piano music moves me so much and is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world to me. I've always thought I would pick it up again someday...

5) Someone speaking a foreign language - Is that weird? Probably, but I just find myself fascinated with foreign languages. Never mind that I can't understand what they are saying. The Russian language is just so mysterious and sexy-sounding to me. And, I think French is so pretty.

6) Total quiet - Does that count as a sound? With four kids, a husband, a dog, and multiple televisions and/or video games systems that always seem to be blaring at my house, I rarely find myself in total silence. When I do, it's something to cherish.

7) Ocean waves - This is probably pretty popular as a favorite sound. But, it is soothing and relaxing. I just wish I got to hear it more often.


What about you? Do you have a favorite sound?

1 comments:

Pina said...

I do. My favorite sound is a singing of Common Blackbird early in the morning. :)