Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Movie Trailer Tuesday - The Pacific (HBO)



Some of you may have caught this miniseries when it aired on HBO earlier this year. If not, you can now check it out on DVD. It's an epic drama that follows three World War II marines through battles in Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. This miniseries is based on the memoirs of two of these marines - Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie. I love period pieces that focus on American history. This particular era in time is one that I don't know a lot about, so, I really learned a lot from watching. It truly makes you appreciate the sacrifices that were made during this time. It's a moving and heart-wrenching series that I highly recommend. And, while the main focus is on the war, that's not all there is. You get a lot of in-depth insight into the personal lives of these young men - their families, their loves, their bond with each other, etc. A must-see for sure!

This movie is NR. There is language, sexual content, and war violence.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

septembermom said...

Love anything historical. This one would hold my interest for sure. Thanks Kari.