Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Giving Thanks - Day 13

30 days of Giving Thanks


I'm participating in 30 Days of Giving Thanks. Visit Blessed Beyond Words if you would like to join in...

I am thankful for photographs. Yesterday, we spent part of our afternoon at home taking some family photos for this year's Christmas card. It was an ordeal - the younger kids were fidgeting and the older kids were complaining. Our 15 year old daughter was in charge of setting up the camera and the timer. We were all laughing every time she set the timer and then ran to take her spot in the picture while frantically making sure her hair was in place. These pictures, along with all the others that we have taken through the years mean so much. My husband and I love going back to see pictures of the kids when they were little and remembering all those times. You think you will remember everything when it's happening, but how quickly you forget the little details. Photos help remind us and to me, they are priceless!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are worth 1,000 words sometimes. I love looking back on old family pictures.