Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Giving Thanks - Day 5

30 days of Giving Thanks


I'm participating in 30 Days of Giving Thanks over at Blessed Beyond Words. Click on over if you would like to join in...

I'm thankful that I'm able to be a stay-at-home mom. I grew up with a mom who was home with me and I always knew that's what I wanted when I had my own kids. I love that I'm here when they head out to school and here when they get home. I've always been able to attend school field trips or class parties when they've needed me. If one of the kids is sick, I'm here. I don't have to worry about missing work or scrambling to find someone to care for a sick child. And, coordinating the extra-curricular activities of four kids is a whole lot easier when I'm at home with them. Now that they are getting older, it seems there's even more things they need.

My husband also grew up with a stay-at-home mom so it's something that was important to him as well. He works so hard and sacrifices a lot so that I can stay home with our kids. I'm really thankful for that.

Don't get me wrong; I have nothing against working moms. I know it's a personal choice and many either have to work or want to work outside the home. There are days that I miss being out in the workforce. I sometimes feel guilty that I'm not bringing home a paycheck - it would be nice to take a few more vacations and have more nice things in our house. But, my choice was to be a stay-at-home mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world.




Photobucket

0 comments: