Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Treasured Possession - Antique Bow Front China Cabinet

One of my most treasured possessions is this antique bow front china cabinet that was passed down to me from my grandmother. And, when I say passed down to me, I mean passed down to me full of her collection of depression glass dishes and other glassware. For as far back as I can remember, she had this china cabinet in her house and I always loved it.



I've added some pieces of my own over the years. Here's a vintage milk glass punchbowl set that I found on ebay. Isn't it so cute! And, the reproduction Little Red Riding Hood cookie jar (above) was a gift from my sister.


Last week, I decided it was time to do some cleaning and rearranging of the contents of the china cabinet. I have some colorful old dishes that had belonged to my husband's grandmother. Since I didn't have the extra storage or display space for them, they have been boxed up in my basement for several years. I decided to get them out and place them in my china cabinet for awhile to brighten things up a bit. Here they are...I don't know anything about them. There are no names or markings whatsoever on these dishes. They are fairly lightweight and thin; I'm sure they were something inexpensive for their time. But, I sure would love to know what they are called so that I could look for a few more pieces. They are so pretty and colorful!



So, here's the china cabinet after the cleaning and addition of the colorful dishes. Nice and cheery and bright!



                                     


 

2 comments:

septembermom said...

Very nice job Kari! So pretty and colorful. That's a wonderful piece to own and display.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I love what you did here Kari! The dishes are beautiful, and I love the milk glass punch bowl. It looks great.