Friday, February 6, 2009

Aloha Friday - Movie and a Cocktail




It's Aloha Friday! And, tonight, my friend and I are going out for a cocktail and to see a movie. We try to make this a monthly outing. But, with seven kids between us, things don't always work out. We haven't been for a few months. Needless to say, we are both looking forward to a little "me" time away from the families. We will be seeing New in Town, starring Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr.(love him!) It looks like a typical chick-flick - cute, romantic, and fun! But, first we will be stopping off for an appetizer and cocktail. I will probably order a frozen strawberry margarita. I love a good fruity-frozen cocktail. YUM!

What about you? If you were going with us tonight, what cocktail would you order? (Or, if you prefer the non-alcoholic route, what appetizer would you order?)

After posting your answer here, be sure to head over to An Island Life for more Aloha Friday. Thanks, as always, to Kailani for hosting!

~Kari

18 comments:

janetfaye said...

Diet Coke for me and for an appetizer I like Antipasto plate.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a wonderful monthly outing. I'd get a white wine and something wonderfully fatty and fried to eat:)t

Kelly said...

Ummm.. what would I order, probably a non alcholic verson of a fruity drink. And an appetizer -bruschetta, chips and salsa, or quesadilla all sound good right now.. i guess I would have to look at the menu! Have a great day!

sues2u2 said...

Probably a non-alcoholic drink w/ an order of fried zucchini if they have it. You only live once, right?

Anonymous said...

I'd probably have a non-alcoholic drink but would love some sushi appetizer~!

Sarah said...

Blue Moon Belgium Ale if they had it. I usually don't get a beverage when we eat out because i'm too cheap :) I could get an entire 6 pack for the same price (which would last me a few months LOL)

Anonymous said...

I'm ALL about Diet Coke and I must admit I really like those mozzarella sticks but I very rarely order appetizers. But if you're having margaritas, I'm having one too!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I feel the same way about Harry! I'm not so much a sweets girl. One of my favorite cocktails, from a restaurant up in Vermont is a Mary and the boys. Bloody mary with 3 large shrimp draped over the side, like a shrimp cocktail with a kick. Otherwise, it would be a martini with olives of course. Have fun!
♥, Susan

Margo said...

I'd drink the house pinot grigio, save any appetite for dinner... oh, I mean popcorn with butter. Hope you enjoy your friend and the movie! I saw New in Town last weekend.

Kelley said...

mmm... a lemon drop...super ice cold sounds really good right now.
Also there is a place that does these amazing Naan bread with chutneys and dips... that shoulds really good to me at the moment!

have a great weekend!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I would probably get a water and some sushi. I prefer to use food for my calories rather than drinks.

Jennifer said...

Definitely a Martini.

Jenni said...

I would get a nice COLD beer and some mozzarella sticks! Have FUN!

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm a frozen margarita girl too. It's my favorite cocktail. Hope you enjoyed your evening.

... said...

some kind of specialty drink that's on the menu. new in town is a cute movie. the new one, "he's just not into you" looks good, too.

hope you had a good time

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I would have a diet pepsi, and order an basket of garlic bread with cheese.

Martha said...

Just checking in here! I've got to catch up on your blog!

How was that movie?? It's on my list, but I ended up seeing He's Just Not That Into You last night. SO.
GOOD!!!!!

I'd have a diet Pepsi with a lemon or lime wedge, or a cosmo or lemon drop and crab cakes. Yum.

Kari, I love this little Friday thing you have going on!

xoxox,
martha

Anonymous said...

Antipasto plate and a Pendleton and branch!