Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Update

  • Today is the 5th day in a row that school has been cancelled due to snow/power outages. Needless to say, we are going a bit stir crazy around here (especially me). We were lucky that our power was only out for about 14 hours last Wednesday. Otherwise, we've had no problems.
  • Two of my sons have been sick during this whole little school break. Poor Connor literally laid on the couch for four days straight. He has finally perked up a bit today.
  • I woke up yesterday with aches, a sore throat, and possibly 'pink eye'. I've never had pink eye so I'm not sure. But, my eye is very red and has a little bit of gunk in it (sorry, was that TMI? - let's move on)
  • I didn't watch the Superbowl or even one single Superbowl commercial. I did watch The Chronicles of Narnia for the first time - loved it.
  • My house is a mess. Lots of piles of boots, gloves, caps, etc. and tracking in and out of snow and water.
  • While our power was out, we removed all food from our refrigerator/freezer and stored it elsewhere. As soon as the power was restored, I totally scrubbed my fridge from top to bottom before putting the food back. That was the only positive thing about losing power.
  • And, yet again, I'm ashamed to say I was not prepared. I did have working flashlights, but, no battery-operated radio. I felt like I was cut off from the world. I'm one of those people who constantly needs to know what's happening in the news.
  • Looking forward to tonight - it's a good t.v. night! The Bachelor, Gossip Girl, 24, and Medium. Oh, and I'm so happy that Big Love is finally back on HBO on Sunday nights. It's pretty good this time.
  • I actually took a two-hour nap this afternoon - something I NEVER do and it was WONDERFUL!
  • Come back tomorrow for 'Movie Trailer Tuesday'. I'll have trailers up from a couple of my all-time favorite movies that you can see on DVD.

2 comments:

Daniela said...

Ooh, I hear ya girlfriend. i am a terrible person when the power is out. At least you got your fridge cleaned out.

I can't believe you don't watch House..how can you not watch House on Monday nights? I plan my whole week around House. I used to LOVE Big love, but then I lost interest. But if it's on during Desperate Housewives, I couldn't watch it anyway.

Watch House...

Pina said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one having a mess in the house.
I like that idea of emptying the fridge, I suppose now it is the right time of a year when I should do it too. The temperatures are just right.