Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Shopping Woes


I always like to get an early start on my Christmas shopping. My true goal every year is to be completely finished by early December - but, that never happens. This year, I'm off to a pretty good start. I've bought several gifts and come up with ideas for most of the people on my list. I have typed up my shopping list chart so that I can record my purchases and keep track of my spending. But, there's one person on my list who has me completely stumped this year. Word on the street is that Santa doesn't even know what to bring this person...It's our youngest, our 11 year old son.

He has reached that age where he has outgrown most toys. (Which is very sad to me - I will miss perusing the toy aisles and picking out Legos and HotWheels and action figures). He's very much into playing XBox 360 and if it were up to him, he would spend hours doing so. But, we try to keep limits on his playing time and since he got quite a lot of XBox items last Christmas, I refuse to buy more of it this year. The main item he requested on his Christmas list is a set of drums. Oh boy! I love that he wants to learn to play drums, but, will I regret that once he starts banging on them? Other than the drums, I just really don't know what to get for him this year.

What about you? Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Is there someone on your list that's difficult to choose a gift for?


Photobucket

1 comments:

The Social Frog said...

My husband tends to be a bit hard to buy for. I mean, through the year we both buy stuff we want. In the end, music and movies and Series are a big hit with him aside from video games. 11 is a hard age to buy for! When we buy gifts for my family it drives me nuts because I am the eldest of 9 kids, the youngest being 11 years old. I tend to find it harder to buy for girls than boys,lol. Drums would be an awesome gift & you could be time limits on that as well, so you don't go crazy..maybe a few drum lessons too!